Happy New Year friends! We made it to 2018 woo! Yes, I am a little late to this post but hey better late than never right?
The other day I was going through my resolutions post from 2017 and had a little realization. In the beginning of 2017 I put a LOT of time and effort into my blog and then towards the end of the year I started slacking. Honestly, starting a full time really had a lot to do with it! Y’all working full time while also trying to have a life, and run a business is TOUGH.
Reading a few of my earlier posts from 2017 made me realize how much I have really missed my corner of the internet. I have really missed connecting with you guys, and having this creative outlet!
Although I have never been one to wish away a year, I have always been big into resolutions! I love the idea of starting fresh and really setting a few goals for myself!
I’m linking my 2017 Resolutions post just in case anyone is curious!
I wanted to take some time to reflect on my 2017 goals and see what all I accomplished.
2017 Blogging Goals
- Consistent branding & sticking with it. I finally upgraded my blog this year, and have definitely been sticking with an overall theme and brand!
- Increase my Instagram followers to 5K. I’m not quite to 5K, but will definitely be there soon.
- Stay ahead of content. I stuck to this goal at the beginning of the year, and then really started slacking once I got my new job.
- Invest in a new camera. Moving this goal to 2018!
- Enroll in one blogging course. I finished Boss Pitch in May 2017!
- YouTube. I haven’t posted a new video in so long, so this goal I am also moving over to this year.
2017 Personal Goals
- Continue being vegetarian. Check! I finally started introducing chicken back into my diet about a month ago – but not going to be an everyday type of thing.
- Save more, spend less. I’ll get back to you on this one – ha.
- Run 5 miles without stopping. My fitness life has been nonexistent.
- Read 1 book a month. Do blogs count?
- Enroll Quinn in daycare. I actually did enroll Quinn last month, and then she ended up getting sick the morning of so I haven’t re-scheduled it.
- Travel somewhere new. 2017 was not my travel year I’ll tell you that.
- Take a dance class. I’m pretty bummed this never happened, but me and my coworker have been talking about signing up for a workout dance class this month!
I always like to go through my previous year’s goals to see what I accomplished, and what I let slide!
2018 Blogging Goals
- Focus more on my YouTube channel. I love YouTube, but there’s something about creating my own videos that are such a struggle for me. I always have made excuses for why I don’t post consistently, but I really want to grow my channel this year!
- Stick to a blogging schedule. For a while, I was posting 3x a week, and then recently I’m lucky to have 3 posts up a month. With working full-time blogging has definitely taken a backseat, but I’m changing that.
- Post consistently on Instagram. This year I’m going to put follower count in a box, and throw away the key. I want to focus on creating the best content for you guys, and engaging with yall in a more personal way.
- Finally upgrade my camera. I have wanted a new camera for such a long time. If you’re a blogger send me your recommendations!
2018 Personal Goals
- Travel to Nashville and Atlanta. These two places have been on my list for years!
- Cook more. Eat out less. I think this is always a hard one for most people. I have never liked cooking, and you’ll hardly find me in the kitchen. But, I want to get better at making food ahead of time and bringing lunch!
- Find a workout routine that I enjoy. I have never been a fitness junkie. I did BBG in college, and definitely saw results but didn’t stick with it. I’ve looked into Orange Theory and Pur Barre and want to find something that I like to do!
- Spend more time in the word. I’ve always thought I had a great relationship with Christ just because I did the “normal” Christian things. Go to church, listen to worship music, pray, etc… But I know that isn’t all there is!
Cheers to 2018!